The Otherwhere Cafe Bluewater Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

121225 / December 25th, 2012 - Elevator chase

2 posters

Go down

121225 / December 25th, 2012 -  Elevator chase Empty 121225 / December 25th, 2012 - Elevator chase

Post by Oliver Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:36 am

(This one seems to be partially inspired by my late night watching of the movie "Minority Report.")

This is an apartment complex (all white walls) with elevators. There seem to be goons and there seem to be fugitives I'm trying to protect. I'm looking for the later. Somehow the rule seems to be that they may not catch me together with a fugitive. So I go level by level by elevator, trying to outfox the goons.

So, I'm trying to trick the goons by not taking the fugitives into the elevator when finding them, going down. As I do this, the goons intercept the elevator, but don't find what they expect. Or did they once?

Somehow there seems to be several elevator shafts in parallel. I move the last one. I go up. (There seem to be three levels.) On the topmost level I find the girl (she seems to be Asian - the fugitives seem to be Asians - note also that in the movie the most important of the three was the girl - it seems like there were three and this was the girl.) I do not take her into the elevator. I go down and am intercepted on mid-level by a special goon. He's bald and looks really dangerous. I realise he's the murderer - the goons were just meant to take us to him if they catch us. He's the real menace. I'm glad I don't have the girl with me.

Either we switch in-out or I go past him, probably the later. Then I run up the stairs to catch the girl myself. I arrive on the top floor but she's not there. I initiate a search to see if she's hiding. While doing that it suddenly changes to a report screen - it seems like it would print out file names and/or numbers. I think the topmost was a report the girl successfully sent (but that may be inspired by the movie, where the villain is exposed by broadcasting his murder). I wake up.

The last bit - a report screen ending the experience - could suggest a simulation. I don't know the nature of the simulation, but computer screens or reports or signals suddenly popping up and the experience ending can be the clues that it was a simulation and it ended. So maybe I indeed failed once - and got a repeat. So maybe it was not parallel different elevator shafts, but instead different runs through the simulation.

However, then I would still not understand what was going on. Till that end I thought it was mostly a nightmare. A rare enough occurrence these days.
Oliver
Oliver
Admin

Back to top Go down

121225 / December 25th, 2012 -  Elevator chase Empty Re: 121225 / December 25th, 2012 - Elevator chase

Post by Donna Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:18 pm

So when a simulation is similar in content to a movie/book/game that influenced you just before bed, do you think the guides work with what is already in your subconscious or do you think it's bigger than that, that they somehow orchestrate the situation or knew previously of its eventuality so that certain material will be there for them to work with? I tend to think the latter.
Donna
Donna

Back to top Go down

121225 / December 25th, 2012 -  Elevator chase Empty Re: 121225 / December 25th, 2012 - Elevator chase

Post by Oliver Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:02 am

I didn't think about that till now.

The thing is that I recently had this hunch I wanted to watch "Minority Report." And now it was on TV during my Christmas stay at my mom's, so I did. This looks orchestrated indeed, especially since I don't have regular TV at home. Smile
Oliver
Oliver
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:24 am

Very cool. Cool
Donna
Donna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down